I have been pondering this question, and several others for the past few months. Recent circumstances have put many things in to perspective for me...and for Rich. And while taking inventory, I have become truly free in the knowledge that it's not in my house or material things I (we) have accumulated. It's not in our finances (thank God) or the car I drive. It's not even in having the perfect spouse. Don't get me wrong, I should look in the mirror before I leave the house to double check what I am wearing...or is it who I am wearing? (no, not the brand name). I don't have to wear anyone else's garbage. Heck, I don't even have to wear my own (THANKS TO JESUS!) And for that revelation I am so thankful : )
One of the greatest things I have learned to ask myself is: "how do people feel when I leave their presence?" (Sherry Rose Shepard) That alone has the power to change the course of your whole day! And what about this? "DID I LOVE WELL TODAY?" I dare you to ask yourself these two things over the next week and see if it doesn't change your life at all.
I know we've been missing in action (in the blog world anyway). We've just been busy finding our way...and our purpose. Funny....that we all have one! Do you know yours? Love the Lenarth family....
Risa We Love You!
14 years ago





3 comments:
i just fell off my chair...: )
its funny you should post this. i just heard/read something very similar last week. it is all too true and can def change the course of your day. love you
Love it Jess... You have always been and still are very introspective. You are a very strong woman and it comes out in your writing. I always love what you have to say and I agree. I am constantly evaluating my purpose here and how I effect those around me. I am living an honest, happy, authentic life. There are so many of us that are happy. Keep spreading the joy friend..
xoxox
great picture, and great message. thanks!
Post a Comment