Wednesday, June 4, 2008

40? Wh...Wha...What?

I think one of the first things I told my husband on his birthday was, "guess what babe? I can officially call you 'my old man'". Seriously...40? with gas prices the way they are...I guess we should be looking forward to that senior discount that's right around the corner...but man, the time is just flying by too fast.
I managed to pull off a pretty great surprise party at my parents house. He was clueless, which of course works out perfectly when throwing these types of events :) It was rather small...although the pictures might tell you otherwise. The original plan was to have it in Huntington Beach at my brothers house, but would have been a little chaotic with their recent move. So...we scaled back the guest list by LOTS of people. Mostly family with a few friends came out to help make his birthday a blast. Thanks to everyone who came!! Rich was really touched and truly enjoyed the day. I think everyone there had a great time too! The four of us headed to the Disneyland hotel on Sunday night and then spent Rich's actual birthday at the parks (thanks to some great friends) the sad part was I forgot my camera for that and the boys each fought Darth Vader with light sabers and I missed it. I guess we'll have to go back.
Well honey...hope you had a great birthday and that this next year is full of good health, love, happiness and success. You deserve it old man...I mean, babe. :)



Until next time...

4 comments:

The Miller Clan said...

Happy Birthday Rich! Yeah...you're old...heehee! (We're right behind ya!) Sounds like you had a great time. See you soon,
Millers

Begin to Breathe said...

Baberz!!!

Wassurdoo???

Dear Hun,

The absolute best part about my birthday, like my last 11 or 12 birthdays was it was spent with you by my side!!

Thank you and Merz luvz Erz!!!
9090909090909090909090909090909

Our Three Peas said...

Great party!! Happy birthday Rich! Don't worry you are only as old as you feel! Hopefully you don't feel very old! :) Thanks for being such a great and caring guy! We love you!

Luv,
The Robertsons :)

Phaedra Cote said...

I know this happened a while ago....and I'm really late but, Happy Birthday Rich!!!

Great pictures....

XO,
Phaedra.