Thursday, July 10, 2008

Short and Sweet...

.....is what this post is going to be. You see, I almost just threw my computer in the trash (or on the floor, or out the window) just now. But no...the true blogger in me just wouldn't give up and somehow, (though I'll never really know why it's working at the moment) I have moved beyond the error messages to get this finished. I'm sure all the mac people are chuckling to themselves...ssshhh! Here we go...
So...over 4th of July weekend we decided to go camping. It was awesome! Blue skies (sometimes), full hook ups, incredible food prepared by someone else other than myself and great company! We parked the big rig at Huckies house (my brother Joe's). It really was the perfect set up for the holiday weekend. I had planned on posting a bunch more pictures (mostly of illegal fireworks)....but remember, we are keeping it short and sweet. Besides the boys have come in here 3 times wondering why I haven't brought them their drink and popcorn for their movie. Yes...in my spare time I operate a movie theatre where you can have your snacks and beverages brought to you on demand :) I had the rare opportunity to connect with some great friends that I don't see very often. Julie is in the middle (a friend since 4th grade ) and Annie on the right (since 7th grade). We met up at Julies mom's to catch up for a few after the 4th of July parade. Thankfully Annie lives here, so I get to see her a bit more...but not enough!
Julie lives in New York..."I know right?" Had to throw that in. It's a very "New York" thing to say according to my sister in-law and I...and Julie says it a bunch :) It was really great seeing her and spending some time with our families before they all left. We met at Sugar Shack in HB and then walked around down town for a couple hours with all of our boys! She is married to Danny (great guy) and has two beautiful boys. I sure wish we lived closer.
The next day Vanessa got in from Utah...just in time. We have been friends since Kindergarten. Yesterday (yep, drove back to HB) we were able to show the boys pictures of us together when we were 5 years old. Amazing how much of Bryce I could see in my little face. We had a blast at the beach. I, however forgot my camera, but you can see pictures of the boys on Vans blog "The Cole Family". I really miss these guys, but they are loving their home and lives amongst the mountains. Can't wait for the next visit! Great seeing all of you guys...and thanks Huckie's for "hookin' us up". Oh, and the Pugs for feeding us a great dinner. Hope you feel better Jilly!
Until next time....

7 comments:

Cole Family said...

thanks jess for coming out to hb..you always make an effort to come and see us and i really appreciate it..it's so nice that our boys can play together...it's wierd to think that brennen is now old than we were in that pic...i'm so blessed to have such a great friend and that our friendship has stayed so strong for almost thirty years!!

Annie said...

Hey jess,
It was so good seeing you. I wish we could have had more time. I am off in August. I will make an effort to come out and see you. I am sure it will be be blazing hot!

Our Three Peas said...

Glad you all had fun!! We sure missed you here in the nice HOT desert!! I don't blame you for leaving it....I just wish we were with you! LOL Great pictures!

Luv,
Ash :)

The Miller Clan said...

Looks like fun! Glad you enjoyed time with friends! "Camping" looks like a lot of fun...we'll have to go sometime!
J

The de Lachica Family... said...

Buy a mac!!! We had so much fun. Thanks for coming out. Jonah and we always have so much fun with you.

Love, the Huckies

Aaron and Lyndsey said...

Hey there! I know what you mean on your full service movie theater because I run a cafeteria that accepts only special orders. Glad you had a great 4th!

Julie McRedmond said...

You are the best and I loved seeing you, Rich and the boys. Hudson is still asking for them and wondering when we can play with the bubbles again. See you soon.