I say the "wait", but I also mean the "weight". I promise not to get too dramatic on you, and I'll spare you all the gory details (which many of you have heard anyway), and just say thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart...and the side of my neck...for all of your thoughts and prayers as I went through several procedures and tests this summer. For those of you who may be hearing for the first time...(long story short) I had an enlarged lymph node removed from my neck for biopsy. Unfortunately a needle biopsy ended up not being an option, but a beautiful 2 inch incision on the right side of my neck was. Can you say turtle necks? Oh yeah...those are big sellers out here in the desert! And no Phaedra, I can't move my family to Spokane to wear super sassy turtle necks with you all because of a little scar ...(we'll talk)!
So with a lump in my throat...literally you can see the lump in my throat in this picture, I am happy to report that the biopsy came back clean!! Praise God!! It was a reactive node that could have swelled due to all four wisdom teeth being yanked last year and just got bogged down. Problem was...it was sitting on a nerve as well as my carotid artery. Yeah, not super cozy when you are trying to swim, bike and run...or breath, eat and sleep. Before the biopsy came back...I had said to several of you that I feel like the Lord has put me through this trial for something other than battling an illness. so now I will be still and "wait" once again for His guidance. I do know that there is Glory to be found in every situation...and while this thing on my neck looks like it can actually speak at the moment...I know that there will be Glory and a story to tell because of it.
Thanks again to all of you who have prayed so diligently for me and my family. The "what if" moments are the ones that can really get to you...even if only for a moment when I looked at one of the boys, someones prayer or phone call helped get me back on track and be faithful in HIM and his plan. God knew...He knew. Love you all!
So with a lump in my throat...literally you can see the lump in my throat in this picture, I am happy to report that the biopsy came back clean!! Praise God!! It was a reactive node that could have swelled due to all four wisdom teeth being yanked last year and just got bogged down. Problem was...it was sitting on a nerve as well as my carotid artery. Yeah, not super cozy when you are trying to swim, bike and run...or breath, eat and sleep. Before the biopsy came back...I had said to several of you that I feel like the Lord has put me through this trial for something other than battling an illness. so now I will be still and "wait" once again for His guidance. I do know that there is Glory to be found in every situation...and while this thing on my neck looks like it can actually speak at the moment...I know that there will be Glory and a story to tell because of it. "Mom, why the doctor say you have to watch t.v. all day?" Bryce Lenarth on my recovery
Until next time...check out short story below.





10 comments:
We are so glad all is good. We knew it would be :)
We love you and you still look super sassy even with a swollen neck!
God is so good and I am so thankful for your newfound peace and wisdom in waiting on Him. I'm proud of you Jess and am glad that as adults our friendship has grown and holds a different place for both of us than our high school friendship did. Again, God is good! Thanks for the phone call. We rejoice with you. So....Havasu? or no Havasu?
Love you,
Christine
jess, you have such a positive attitude and that makes all the difference!!!!!!so glad everything turned out fine.
Love you girl, I knew God would be faithful in this time of your life. You are even more beautiful with the scar, because you have an greater peace and growth in the Lord through this trial. PRAISE HIM His ways are not our ways.Hope to see you soon I love you and miss you, Denise
Praise Jesus!! Praise His powerful Name!! I am just so glad to hear that you are healthy and resting comfortably in His Hands! Love you friend!!
Jor
Jess, I am cracking up over the previous post. I can not even tell you how many times recently, that has been happening to me. I am so glad you are all okay.. I have had you in my thoughts and prayers. love you tons. Am I going to see you the 5th???
Love ya,
Annie
Praise GOD! We're glad everything turned out well for you!
J
Sorry it has taken me so long to reply!! I love you and I am so thankful all is well! Praise God!! I am praying for a quick recovery and healing!
Luv,
Ash :)
Jess,
I had no idea... I am so glad that you are well and that it was nothing serious. I will be thinking of you and you will be in our prayers.
lv, melanie
Hi Jessica! Good to hear from you- thanks for saying hi. Can't believe we're neighbors...what a small world! How long have you been in the desert? Your boys are adorable! I feel so behind :) Hope you're recovering OK- glad it was good news (and what a funny HB Dr story!)
~Ali
Post a Comment