I wanted to capture "camping" on our annual Thanksgiving trip. This vacation is very important to all of our kids, as they can't imagine celebrating Turkey Day any other way. This year's trip was especially freeing to our kids I think. They are getting older...they could ride their bikes a little further...their imaginations ran a bit wilder...and they even managed to get slightly dirtier this time around. They were free to be whoever they wanted to be among the dust, in the trees, wielding light sabers as they flew down "death chamber ditch" and shot at squirells with a sling shot. Thank goodness for bad aim!
While it's back to bubble baths and bed times...they will talk of this adventure until the next one. And they will keep the memories forever!










3 comments:
what an amazing family vacation and some funny shots. i might camp again if i could go with you guys love you
I want to go camping too. Just kidding..I have never been much of a camper, but you guys make it look easy. I am more of a hotel girl for sure. It does look like very special family time..
You know how to camp. I'll give you that!
I wish I had that in me. But I crave the silky sheets and warmth of my own bed. The last time I went camping I slept on a rock and listened for animals all night. I woke up crabby and mad and swore I would never do it again.
But then I look at your photos, and read your stories, and I think just maybe I have a little camping left in me.
Maybe...
Post a Comment