Brennen went to the ACSI spelling bee again this year. It wasn't quite as nerve racking as the previous, but my palms were still pretty slick and my mouth got kinda dry every time his turn came around. He was confident, poised, spoke clearly...he did great. He got 5th place this year, and while I told myself I wouldn't make excuses for him (because 5th is awesome) I'm afraid I just can't help myself. That kid knew the spelling of every word on the list he was given to study. There were some tough one's on there too. Does is seem fair that they can go to an unpublished word list when they clearly haven't used all the given words? My little Bug got one of TWO words not on the list he was given to practice....Don't worry I held myself together. And Brennen? He came and sat down, and to be honest...I didn't know if he was going to cry (so many of them did) or what. We asked him if he wanted to leave and he said he wanted to stay to see who won. He clapped for the winner and then said, " I had fun today mom." So really, it was me that learned the biggest lesson of the day!
As you can see he has a missing tooth in this photo. The one next to it was hanging by a thread but we didn't have time to yank it before the bee started. On the way to Riverside, Brennen concocted a plan....IF and when he misspelled a word and got out, he wanted me to pretend to be mad at him (there really are parents who get mad) and knock his tooth out. While tempting...and pretty funny just thinking about it, I refrained.
More January fun! Unseasonably warm temps lead to a camping trip to Yucaipa. Funny how the warm weather didn't carry over into the night...or into our tents! Here is the crew...minus the photographer.
Brennen and Peyson celebrated their birthday in style...and in Hollywood! A friend of mine hooked us up with some tickets to see a Disney show. The boys got to go on the set, meet the cast and get pictures with Brennen's girlfriend, Selena Gomez. The day was amazing, but did end with a barfing episode on the way home. I thought for sure I was gonna have a car full of em', but Peyson and Ashley managed to pull themselves together just in time to get out of "the hood."
The weekend prior, Brennen had his birthday camp out consisting of 3 friends, his little bro, a bbq, tent, s'mores and spooky campfire stories! One of the best birthday parties we have had! That could be because all the kids, Rich and the dog slept in the tent while I watched a movie in the peace and quiet with the doors locked and the curtains drawn. Okay okay, I didn't close ALL the curtains...





4 comments:
Busy month Jess...I love that he had a plan for you to get mad at him.. Brady would think of something like that.. We will definitely get together in April when I am off track again. We don't mind driving out to you..
xoxo
Brennan sounds adorable! I love that "pretend to be mad" plan. I also love the camping b-day party idea, especially the part where you got to sleep inside! I will keep that idea tucked away in the back of my mind for when my boys are older.....
Oh, and good luck with becoming a Dr. :)
Haha....some great times!! Love the pictures and the fun! Thanks for being a great friend! =) Love ya!
Ash
What a great month. When I see all you guys doing great stuff I so wish I could be a part of it all. Miss you and proud of the BUg
Post a Comment