The question, "Are you smarter than a 5th grader", was really put into perspective for me yesterday. After taking a placement test at the local community college, I was feeling pretty good about a 'certain' math problem that I solved all on my own. They gave us scratch paper (no calculators allowed) and boy did I use it. Every time I came up with one of the answers on the multiple choice, I was pretty stoked. Yeah...math not being one of my strong suits, I felt the need to explain to a 5th grader in my carpool,the intense math problem I conquered. It doesn't matter where you get your confidence....besides, he IS taller than me! Anyway....upon my explanation of how I was able to solve the question given on this rigorous test, he very nicely (and humbly) told me that I would have saved myself a ton of time if I had set up an equation "like this". Seriously, his way would have taken 10 seconds and a lot less scratch paper!! Bottom line, I got it right! After finding out he told his parents about our little conversation...it will be all I can do not to show him up when I REALLY brush up on the skills!
Brennen and Bryce went to a slumber party last night! You guessed it, Rich and I did something crazy since we didn't have the kids. We ordered a demand movie, and actually didn't even watch it! I know! I think we were asleep by 9:00. Good times right? What's even crazier is that my kids came home this morning yelling, "I ate a booger" and "I ate vomit"! This, right before I found out they played spin the bottle at a party for an 8 year old. What?! Turns out, whoever the bottle lands on...they have to eat a 'Jelly Belly' that tastes like dirty socks, barf or sardines to name a few. Needless to say, it was a relief to know that my kids were only fed food that tasted like barf! Boys, I tell ya. Ya know... if I had 2 girls, I might miss out on photo ops like these.
That's Bryce...taking care of business! Or playing a video game while taking care of business :)
Risa We Love You!
13 years ago





3 comments:
Hey, who cares how you got the answer, as long as you got it right! :)
I'm laughing at the spin the bottle thing! do you remember shannon stassart's halloween party in 7th grade and we played spin the bottle and I think something called "7 minutes in heaven?" LOL
I'm glad your kids were just eating jelly bellys!!!!
Hey there,
I meant to ask you about your entrance exam..Please keep me posted. I am really excited for you and what is to come. I love the story about the sleepover... I get a little of the boy joy, but times two..wow that is rough...
That picture of Bryce is classic! I love those shots! Thanks for takin over for me this weekend!
J
Post a Comment