Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Spring 'Bills"

So....in true de Lachica style (as my oldest brother pointed out), I missed my first Spring math class. There are several details that factor in to the reason why I missed, but I wouldn't put it past the oldest Lenarth to have missed a few classes himself. I have got a lot to live up to people! de Lachica/Lenarth...you get it. What a combo, I might add. Anyway...school is going great. I'm officially in with the professor. I think he just likes me because I'm the only one hanging on his every word...that, and I have no one to talk to and my texting skills really stink. Keep ya posted...


Apparently it's bathing suit season in the desert. Sad that no one bothered to warn my white, not tone enough body. Needless to say I got some sun and have worked out every day since "the visual". The one of me in a tankini no less...yikes!
How great is it to be a kid? Farmer tans, goggles, last years swim suits. You really have to admire that. Funny how dad's just fit right into that whole category....and without any effort :)



Aside from school....the other "Springs bills" are these flat bill hats that my kids have been introduced to. Thank goodness for Motorcycle Superstore Online. They sell youth size Fox Racing flat bills which are impossible to find anywhere. Rich has a rule, however. NO SIDEWAYS HATS!!! Wonder how this is gonna go over?!?

Hope you are enjoying your Spring weather....don't forget to change your clocks this Sunday (or Saturday night)

5 comments:

Annie said...

Love it Jess.. I am so excited for you in school. I, too, was a tad bit older than the normal student when I went back at the ripe age of 21. I remember feeling so old. Being married for a few years already. I would also hang on every word. Especially in Math... Have fun with it. You will take in and enjoy the experience more. I hope anyway. I hear ya in the bathing suit..white body dept. I could not be any whiter.. I feel a tanning bed session coming on quick..

Julie McRedmond said...

You both need to stop on the white comments. My body has not even felt the heat of the sun in MONTHS. And sadly I won't for some time to come seeing as how it is 15 degrees when i woke up this morning.
Jess - so happy re:school. I think that if we could go back at our "age" we would do and think differently. If you need a tutor let me know...:)
Love you

Our Three Peas said...

Very cute!! Been awhile since I have done any blogging or visited any for that matter....its time to catch up! Love the post and the pics! Obi is adorable in the hat! Thanks for the fun at your house the kids loved the swimming! =)

Love ya,
Ash

Deb said...

hey jess!
what are you going back to school for? That is exciting! I think about going back for my masters someday when the kids are older....

as far as the white comments, I'm with Julie. No complaining! yeah, it's nice and sunny here, BUT it's 20 degrees, so I won't be laying out anytime soon! LOL

Moran Family Blog said...

Hey Jessica, thought I would pop in and say hello! I hope you are all doing great!!!

Michelle