Mmmm Hmmm...another blog post. I'm a little rusty, I have to say. Facebook has made it way too easy to be a lazy blogger, but even my kids and hubs miss checking out a new post every so often.
Summer has been filled with swimming lessons (teaching), soak city, video games...ugh, running in 112 degree heat, did I say video games? I guess you can compare our summer to some peoples winter. Thank goodness it doesn't last as long...but it is stinkin' hot here. The kids can only swim so much...and as some friends and I established last night, their own pool gets boring. Spoiled much? Anyway...the Wii has gotten a workout to say the least. Brennen is almost done reading Moby Dick and has promised to do a book report (which would make up slightly for the gaming). We'll see how that goes. Bryce has informed us on a few occasions this summer that he doesn't like chores, doesn't want to do chores and that he's only 5 and kids shouldn't have to put away their own laundry. Hmmm....15 years old should be interesting. I've got a few good scary faces that seem to work on him (sometimes), but I think I need to work on some more and stock pile for the up and coming scenarios headed my way. We all know it won't be my height that keeps him in line!
Rich and I headed out to Vegas for our annual vacation...which really isn't a vacation at all. I think the most relaxing and enjoyable part of the whole trip is the 3 hour drive there and back. When you think about it...and if you know my husband, it's one of the only times I have the guy pinned down long enough to have more than a two sentence conversation with him. One where he even answers questions...bonus! Seriously....we were able to talk about the kids and all the craziness coming this Fall...which makes my head spin slightly. What can I say? Vegas is Vegas...smokey...with a touch of smoke, and dinging (if that's a word). I did play BINGO this time with a couple friends. Have you ever played 12 cards at once? Stressful...and smokey : ) We did have a good time, good food, great company, and did what we set out to do...buy tools. Business is picking up and Rich is working day and night to pay the bills. He's doing an awesome job and things are beginning to turn around. Praise God...and actually He gets the glory!
Most of you have seen this picture already...cuz that's right...it's my Facebook profile picture. But it cracks me up...and truly...if you know Rich and I, really captures who we are as a couple! He makes a goofy face in almost every picture we take, and I'm usually disappointed, hoping that maybe he acted like a "big boy" in at least one. So my new plan is just to post em' all anyway in an effort to get him to smile normal. I know...who am I kidding? Gotta love him...and boy do I!Until next time...





2 comments:
of course i will comment but like a die hard i check it daily.....thinking maybe today will be the day! You put a smile on my face. Although FB does make it easy to update and share. i love to hear your thoughts. Man how i wish we were slower. One just b/c i miss you and two b/c I am signing the boys up for swimming lessons. : )
While I do not check it every day, I do check about three times a week. I was very happy tonight to see that you posted. You have such wit and personality in your writing. It makes me feel closer to you because it reminds me of you so much. Love the updates..THe psp is taking over brady's life along with Tackle Football. I am enjoying my month off. Can't wait to see you on Friday..
Post a Comment