Brennen was in an all school spelling bee this week. Rich and I were able to go watch as children from each class took part. I'm not sure who was more nervous, Rich or Brennen...and I actually wish I had a couple shots of Rich so you could see his face when someone misspelled a word. I'm not sure if he (meaning Rich) can handle another spelling bee! If you look closely at this picture, you will see that the other kids are clapping as Brennen sits red faced in the winners chair!!
On February 1st, Brennen will travel to Riverside with the other class winners and participate in an ACSI spelling bee where Christian schools from all over Southern California will attend. He will compete with other kids his own age....Brennen is so excited...and as you can imagine...we are too! He really is a great little speller and plans on practicing quite a bit in the coming months. He's up for the challenge, so feel free to give him some new words to spell!
Until next time....
Risa We Love You!
13 years ago





2 comments:
GREAT JOB BUG!!! That's incredible and very exciting. Brennen has always been such an intelligent little guy.....way beyond his years. It's so nice to see him getting recognized for one of his many talents. What CAN'T that kiddo do? I can't wait to hear how it goes!! Oh, and Jess-no need for the picture of Rich's face-I'm pretty sure I can imagine the exact look.
Lots O Love-
Phaedra.
Great job! I as in the spelling bee once and got 2nd place because I misspelled the word terrible and only put one "R". Memory trick: Terrible is so bad that it has 2 "R"s - that's how I remember it now! Coming up with fun tricks is a great way to remember how to spell tough words. You can also look for smaller words inside the larger words. Those are some tricks I teach my 4th graders. Good luck!
Post a Comment