We pulled into Ocotillo Wells on Friday evening around 5:30pm, in the pouring rain. We decided to camp pretty close to the road for the night, as we definitely didn't want to get our 5th wheels stuck in the mud. The rain stopped sometime during the night just to be followed up by some crazy wind. When we woke up the guys decided to move us to a new spot. When my friend Stephanie and I walked out of her 5th wheel, we noticed that the hill right behind us had this huge cross planted on top. We knew that it was the perfect place to be...especially since most of Saturday was spent playing games, watching movies, sipping on hot tea and just catching up.This shot is of Rich just above our camp. It made us both think of Jim (Uncle Jim) and how much we would love it if he and his family would join us out there. Lord knows we have the room in our "house" on wheels!
I love how this photo captures the way Brycee idolizes his daddy. Bryce wants to be wherever Rich is and do whatever Rich does. We thought is was pretty funny that Bryce doesn't want the training wheels on his motorcycle anymore because his dads doesn't have them....even though he can't ride a two wheeler yet!
The guys are so gracious with their time. They come out there with bikes and gear and surely with big plans of tearing up the dirt, but most of their time is spent making sure everyone is set up and taken care of before themselves. Leaves little time to do their thing, but you never hear them complain. Steve was especially helpful to all of us on this trip, and we look forward to camping with them again!
It was great to hook up with the Merrill's. Here are Greg and Rich after they cleaned up. The poor guys had about a pound of sand in their hair after Saturday's sand storm. Luckily for the girls...we just watched the drama through the windows and kept the kids entertained while the guys held down camp. We were so glad to be "stuck" with them, and ended up having a blast regardless.
Sunday proved to be an awesome day...and well worth all the chaos of the previous. The riding was perfect and I had so much fun on my bike. We were able to take a couple of family rides where everyone had a bike, a quad or the Rhino to ride in. I was so caught up in taking advantage of the great conditions that I missed out on some nice pictures. Thank goodness for great memories. So another camping experience down, and many more to come. Until next time....
Risa We Love You!
13 years ago





3 comments:
It was neat to check out your blog... nice work! I love the picture of your son looking up at his daddy. Precious!
Hey Jess,
Thanks for commenting on my blog. You were a huge inspiration in getting it started. I love and admire the pasion you put into your family.Amen! I am tryign to figure out how to link your blog to mine under family and friends. I still have a lot to learn...
Love ya,
Annie
Wow Jess. You and Jessi with your music really gets me all emotional when I open the blogs! I'll be copying soon. LOVE the Sarah version of silent night....sounds like I need to put together a new Christmas playlist.
My favorite thing on the whole darn post though is that picture of Bryce & Rich.....that needs to be framed, it's an excellent photograph that has GREAT feel to it. Those are my favorite kind of photos, the ones that evoke such emotion. Great job girl. I'm so glad to hear you guys had such a good time. Looking forward to our trip to Cali in April but hoping we can get you guys out here before then?
Love you and hope we can continue our conversation today.....I guess we just have to talk in parts. So sad.
When do I get to ride the dirtbike?
Love,
Phaedra.
Post a Comment