Friday, August 29, 2008

What does back to school mean to you?


Okay....so it's the Friday night before school starts and I already have this weird anxiety, as if I have to show up for 2nd grade. Might be related to the recurrent dream I have about showing up to high school graduation only to be told I am missing a few credits and don't qualify for this event. Oh yeah...on stage, announced with a microphone. Admittedly there have been days...when I have counted them until school starts. But there are also those where I can't imagine the crazy schedule we'll keep at his little house of ours. So here are a few things I'll miss about summer time...

  • Leisurely waking up to the sound of cartoons...unfortunately the boys aren't aware that the smell of coffee would be a perfect start to my day. Maybe next summer?
  • Brycee's bouncy bed head of hair
  • Making breakfast at who knows what time
  • strolling out to the pool...with my boys
  • Week day matinees...with my boys
  • Soak City Water Park...with my boys
  • Beach days in HB...with my boys and the smert
  • The smell of sunscreen on my boys
  • Cute little tan lines...on my boys
  • Late night snuggle time with...yep, my boys

I never imagined that having school aged kids would be so rewarding, yet so heart rinching at the same time. I also never imagined that the decisions we made regarding our kids at such a young age would challenge us the way they do. Hopefully that's what makes us good parents

I don't want to take away from the list above...so I won't list all the reason's why I am looking forward to "the schedule". So when you leave a comment, take a guess. Yes...in the spirit of school starting, I'm gonna make you think a sec.

Let me leave you with this: Bryce is about to attend the Christian school that Brennen goes to. This will be awesome for several reasons...one being I only have to drive twice a day to one place. Just wondering how it will go over when he informs his new teacher... when he gets to heaven, he wants to be a bad guy! Again...food for thought!

To all my friends with kids who have started or are about to start school...you are in my thoughts and prayers...for a smooth, rewarding, successful and fun year...for the them and for you.

Until next time...

3 comments:

Our Three Peas said...

I will also miss some of the easyness of summer. But I will totaly appriciate that my kids will suddenly get along better after not having to spend every waking second together! LOL

This is also a new year for us...but we are looking forward to all that it brings! I will be praying for all of us during this season of school...oh and yes I will also pray for you and your graduation!! ;)

Luv Ya,
Ash

Jacobs' castle said...

Can't believe school is upon us! Thank goodness we don't have to go...often! :o) Anywho...hope the boys love it, love their teachers, and love the schedule. I know that word brings me peace, even though it means some more stucture, but at least we can know what to expect. Don't get me wrong...love surprises, wrapped in pretty packages of course. :o) But now that they are in school, mommy time can begin again! When you get a free minute, let's have breakfast or lunch. Love you friend!!

Jor

Cole Family said...

love the pic of bryce sleeping...aren't they sweet little angels when they sleep...glad to hear there was no complaining about socks...hope to see you...luv, vee