Wednesday, September 3, 2008

And their off...

The night before school started, Bryce just couldn't grasp the fact that he was in bed before the sun was actually all the way down. Rich and I could hear him for at least an hour and a half after we said prayers. Brennen? Oh, surely he prayed himself right sleep. Remember the school anxiety I spoke about in the above post? Pretty sure I passed that along to my eldest child. Poor kid! So as you can imagine...this is Bryce on the 1st day of school after several times of trying to wake him. A sign of things to come I'm sure!


Just out of curiosity...am I the only one who has children that are tortured by their socks? Do your children have wrinkles or bumps in the seams that no matter what you do, won't go away? Well, you might think I am crazy...and that's really okay with me, but I prayed over the socks...out loud in front of the kids. They for sure thought I was crazy! Mom's do a bunch of weird stuff anyway...so why not? I have to tell you...two days of no complaints. Seriously...in this house that is huge. Is it true that in Hawaii the kids can go barefoot to school? Cuz the thought of moving there, for this reason alone, I have considered!


Seems hard to imagine that the boys will be 5 and soon 8 years old. Brennen of course had a wonderful day at school. Bryce ended up having a great day, but was pretty peeved that his class was "silly" and for "babies". Apparently, the play kitchen really messed with his head...I mean, he was wearing a belt and a collard shirt for crying out loud! He was practically ready to graduate in that get up! For some reason, convincing him that he would be the fastest kid in his class seemed to lift his spirits and day #2 was a much better!

mmmmm...those are my boys! Don't they look angelic? Just short (literally) of halo's!

Until next time...

6 comments:

The Weaver Family said...

2 of the cutest boys I've ever seen! Glad things went well with school.And I'll keep those socks in my prayers. Love ya Christina

Christine said...

They look cute on facebook and even cuter on the blog. Man...our kids are so big. Glad things are going well. The sleeping picture, I completely recognize. I have to physically shake Landon to wake him up. ( I know...Never shake a baby!) It's brutal. At least tomorrow is Friday!
Love you,
Christine

Julie McRedmond said...

I love these pictures. It brings it all back for me. At least you didn't have the back and forth over the first day of school outfit. But that might only apply to girls anyway.

Our Three Peas said...

I love the sock story!! We have sock problems also so I really appriciate that you prayed over them! I am going to have to try that myself...that is what is so great about a friend like you! You don't let the socks get you down, instead you lift the socks up to "Him"!! Great!!! Love ya my friend! :-)

Ash

Annie said...

I love these pictures Jess. What big boys they are. What happened to binkys and blankies??? I guess they have to grow up don't they. We are left with all the memories of these little people in our lives.This is a good one to store forever mama. I know you will...
love ya

Anonymous said...

Jessica,

You probably don't even remember me, but I was pointed towards your blog tonight and had to check it out. Your boys are just beautiful, and if it's even possible, you are even more gorgeous than in high school.

Hope you don't mind me stopping by. It's fun to see you as a Mom and so happy.

Julie Tanner