Thursday, September 25, 2008

Fall is in the air...somewhere!

With 105 + temps...it's hard to believe that YES it's Fall. Rich and I got to experience 6 years of "seasons" when we lived in Colorado, and I think my favorite was Fall. I distinctly remember the change in the air that seemed to happen over night. Of course the trees were beautiful, and a drive through the mountains...feeling the crisp air and taking pictures of the changing Aspen was something I looked so forward to by the end of each summer.
The picture below and my pumpkin spice candle is about as Fall as it gets around here! I mean, there are things that remind me of the changing season, like....being able to leave the sliding glass door open in the early morning (not past 8:00 am though). The pool is 85 degrees instead of 95. I begin dreaming of wearing flip flops with cute jeans instead of shorts. The sight of hot air balloons in the early morning. And for sure the increase in traffic is a dead giveaway that Fall has arrived. No, you can't tell what season it is by the changing of the palm trees! I do have an idea, that I'm hoping you guys will go with me on. Seriously, if you are taking the time to read my blog...even if you aren't a "comment leaver", I am hoping that I can get some of you to send me a picture of what Fall looks like where you live. I know some of you live in places where this season is incredibly beautiful. But like me, I know there are some of you that might be able to photograph something that just reminds you of "the change". So...here's the deal: Take your picture and send it to me via email jlenarth@yahoo.com. and then in the next couple posts or so, I would like to put them on my blog along with who they came from and where. If you have filled out 1 goofy questionnaire in the last year (I know you have :) then you can do this people! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with, and...

Happy Fall!

6 comments:

Julie McRedmond said...

Well sista you know i have some pictures of Fall. Although we haven't had the change in leaves quite yet i will see what i can come up with. juls

Begin to Breathe said...

Hey...we can wait for the leaves to change. should be sometime soon right? Again...i wouldn't really know at this point!

Annie said...

Jess,
My Fall looks similar to yours. HOT! Working in Corona this week it has been over a 100 degrees for two days. I think your aim here is from out of staters right??? love ya,
Annie..
Maybe I can get soemthing Fallish in Anaheim Hills..

Deb said...

well, it's 85 degrees here still! i'm waiting for fall, and it will soon be october! i can send you some pumpkin patch pictures when we go, but that's all I've got! I don't even have any decorations up, not until I get out my halloween box......
i'm ready to start wearing jeans and giving the A/C a rest. I'm sure you know what i'm talking about!!
D

Deb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Yes, you are right. It does happen over night! (And I'm bitter...) Last week we wore shorts, and now I am bundled up in a long sleeved shirt, sweater, thick socks and a blanket. It's killing the California girl in me.

Although, I do love the beautiful leaves, and apple picking, and spice candles... So, fall is not all bad. :)

I will look for a photo and send it soon.