Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Bryce's Big night at AWANA!

Bryce wants to be just like his BIG brother (who is about a 1/2 inch taller than he is). They are a part of a bible study on Tuesday nights...where they can earn patches, jewels and other fun awards for going through their books and completing the assigned tasks. Bryce has finally entered the world of SPARKS (their group name) where Brennen has started his 3rd and final year. Tonight I knew that Bryce would get awarded his vest so I came early to capture the excitement I knew he would have. Here is anxiously awaiting his name to be called for something....anything really! This has been great for him to be in this setting with Brennen, sitting quietly, using manners, memorizing scripture and obeying authority. All somewhat new for Bryce, and oh so welcome :) He didn't know I was there, and I was in awe watching him sit so still and poised.
Here you can see that he is overwhelmed by the fact that he is being handed the coveted (just by him) red Awana vest that he has seen his brother wear for two whole years before him. He made it...he's now and honorary Spark!
In this shot he has just realized that I was there to see this momentous occasion! I'm so proud of him! way to go Brycee boy...you did it!


8 comments:

Julie McRedmond said...

How sweet. I love that you surprised him. Were you a puddle...I would have been.
tell me good job for me.
love you.

Our Three Peas said...

Very cute! I am so proud of him! Look at that smile on his face...priceless! :)

Luv ya,
Ash :)

The Miller Clan said...

How cute! What great photos! I wish I had known how to do the vest thing the right way so Autumn could have experienced it too!
J

The Weaver Family said...

Awwwww...he's just getting to be such a big kid now.Good job Brycee boy,we love you!!

Deb said...

I love those moments when your kids don't know you are watching, and they are making you so proud. For me, those are the moments that make everything worth it. You captured the moment very well!

Cole Family said...

way to go brycie boy!!!....that's awesome!!!

The de Lachica Family... said...

We love you Bryce! Congratulations.

Christine said...

That face is priceless. Gosh, how are our kids getting so grown up?