Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Blessed Weekend....

Crisp early mornings, the smell of fresh brewed coffee in the trailer, yummy breakfasts, walks with mom and dad, dirty faces, riding bikes, cooking outside, helping with the dishes, campfire songs, s'mores, gettin' cleaned up, warm blankets and Jammie's, playing games and sleeping on the top bunk......just to start all over again.
These are all memories from my childhood. I treasure those moments spent with my parents and brothers. And now as my husband and I load up and take our own children camping, I pray that we are creating those same memories for our boys.
We headed up to Dogwood campground near Lake Arrowhead on Friday. We love camping with a group of people, but this time....it was just the four of us, and we enjoyed every minute.


A sign of a great weekend!

He's not as serious as he looks!!
It's hard to tell, but Bryce is helping Rich set up the awning. The grounds were beautiful.
Nothin' girly about our camp....
Well, except for me I guess :)
Brennen had his heart set on finding bear or coyote tracks. As soon as we got there, the hosts said to watch your pets and children closely for this very reason. YIKES!
This was Obi's first camping trip...and this dog was in heaven! He got a bath as soon as we got home!

Too many things to say about this kid....as soon as he makes us mad, he makes us laugh.
He was only clean while sleeping...and even that is questionable!
This is what it's all about for me. Of course I would love to think that they are having a deep and meaningful conversation at this point in our trip. Maybe Bryce is asking Brennen about a bible verse he needs brushing up on, or if Brennen can help him learn to tie his shoes when we get back to camp. I know...maybe they are discussing how they can help out around camp after they eat ALL their dinner without saying that ONE thing is gross! Or I could just enjoy this picture, knowing that Bryce is somehow, someway incorporating the word poop into their conversation as much as possible because he knows I can't hear them.
Nah...I'll go with the bible verse!
So after all the hiking and biking, cooking and cleaning, fire starting and eating, laughing and the occasional abrasion....this was the view from my camping chair. Not bad huh?
Definitely a blessed weekend!
Until next time...


12 comments:

Julie McRedmond said...

As much as i hate camping you make it sound like something i need to get on the schedule. maybe we could borrow your camper. that might make a difference. love you
juls

The de Lachica Family... said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I hope that Thanksgiving will be this peaceful, although I'm sure that it won't since there will be at least four dogs on that trip! xoxo...

The de Lachica Family... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The de Lachica Family... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Weaver Family said...

Looks like it was a beautiful wknd!Hope to see you guys soon..xoxo

Our Three Peas said...

Ok this is my second comment! The first one did not go through...silly blogger!

I love all the pictures! The beauty that you captured on camera is amazing! Those pictures of the boys truly showed how much fun they were having...oh and Obi too! Wish we could have been with you. Luv ya!

Ash :)

Deb said...

Love the recap. Looks like a good time! the photo of the toy cars cracked me up. Did I see the mystery machine from scooby doo? LOL I also liked your comment about the boys incorporating poop into the conversation. hilarious!

Cole Family said...

great pics jess....the pics of the boys are done by a professional:)

Annie said...

Jess,
That first picture is amazing. What a blessed weekend for sure. I agree with every thing you wrote. That is what it is all about. And I know you guys are creating some of the best childhood memories. Your boys are so lucky to have you both...
xoxoxox
Don't work too hard...

Annie said...

Jess,
That first picture is amazing. What a blessed weekend for sure. I agree with every thing you wrote. That is what it is all about. And I know you guys are creating some of the best childhood memories. Your boys are so lucky to have you both...
xoxoxox
Don't work too hard...

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am impressed with your camp! If I could camp like you guys I think I would like it a little more. :)

Love the photo of your little boys walking from behind. For sure they were talking "poop." At least that's what my girls would have been whispering!

Christine said...

We thought of you guys that weekend as we were camping. These are definitely times that make for amazing memories for our kids. Glad you guys had some great family time. We really MUST make plans for a trip in 2009....before another year slips away. Love you,
Christine