Friday, September 14, 2007

Zyertec (allergy medication)

Brennen and I want our friends and family to know that he has had some side effects from taking Zyrtec (a prescription allergy medication). He was only on it for about two weeks, but was exhibiting the effects after only one. We were becoming increasingly concerned about his emotional state when I found a website containing countless situations with kids and the issues they have had while on this. I will list a few: Depression, extreme emotional sensitivity, sleeplessness, nightmares, anxiety, irritable, sadness, crying spells, obsessed over irrational worries...these are symptoms we have dealt with, but they are just some of the many that others have. I realize that not everyone will have side effects, so if any of you are taking it and it's working just fine, then we are thrilled for you. I know Brennen is pretty tired of blowing his nose, but the distress we have dealt with this last week has not been worth the little relief he's gotten with his allergies. He will visit the Dr. on the 26th to discuss other options, but please pray for us...as putting him on anything else makes me pretty nervous. If anyone has any suggestions or input they would like to share...we would love to hear from you. Contrast to popular belief...you do not have to have a Google account to comment on this blog. You can sign in as other or anonymous and just sign your name so we know you were here.

1 comments:

Phaedra Cote said...

Hey girl. Sorry to hear about the side effects.....Tabor's dealt with plenty of those and I've come to the conclusion that no medicine is best. Lots of water does help believe it or not. Generally, doctors like to prescribe medicine rather than look at other options. Have you thought about allergy shots? (I whispered that). If you called me on my cell phone today, I'm not ignoring you-it was stolen this morning. Happy Friday!!
Love,
Phaedra.