This is the cabin we stayed in this past weekend with my parents. It was a great get away and it only took us an hour to get there. It was especially good for Brennen to have a change of scenery and something new and exciting to think about. (Please read the previous post if you aren't following me). We enjoyed the time together playing games, running around the property, eating yummy food and just taking in the quietness of the small mountain town. Here is a small glimpse of what we were up to.
Saturday mornings are the greatest for the boys. It's the day that daddy doesn't have to go to work! They usually rush to our room to make sure he hasn't gone anywhere, but on this morning we all woke up together and they couldn't wait for dad to get out and start exploring. After all, it was Bryce's birthday and he had big plans of being a secret agent that day (which pretty much consisted of running off where I couldn't find him, and not coming when I called for him. I would ask him, "did you hear me calling you?" he would say, "yah but I'm a secret agent...I was busy". Totally understandable don't you think?
Remember Pop Rocks? We were in this old fashioned candy store and.... Wow, what does it mean when you go into an old fashion candy store and they are selling candy that they sold when you were a kid? Anyhow, had to get them for the boys. And the whole rumor about them exploding in your belly is and urban myth. That's what we kept telling ourselves anyway, as we watched our kids faces and distinctly heard it popping in their mouths! Fun times!!
Can you guess how many bites Bryce took of his Birthday cake? The Darth Vader cake that he had been wanting for months? The one that I had to order a 1/4 sheet for to feed just 4 adults and 2 small children? Yep...about half a bite and the kid got up, grabbed the Darth Vader cake toppper and said, "done!" Gotta love it!
Oh...to hear their little voices way up there. They were having the time of their lives on this tire swing. Of course mommy got fired from pushing them earlier, as they felt like they were on a "baby " tire swing. Dad saved the day, and almost sent them to "space". While this made me a little nervous...their laughter was contagious. I could have listened to it all day!
We had a very patient photographer taking this shot...thanks dad! This was not and easy one to get, but you know you have a potential Christmas picture when the whole family is smiling, oh and...in it!!
Thanks Mom and Dad for a wonderful weekend. We truly enjoyed our time with you and can't wait to do it again! We are especially hoping for all the boys (my brothers) and their families to join us next time...they were missed!





2 comments:
Hey Girl, I wonder if this will work for me to leave a comment. It is from your missing your best friend. Those are great pictures of you guys. I think that one will be perfect for a Christmas Card, heck start right now and you will be head of the game.Can't wait to see you Friday I love you and miss you. Give the boys a BIG hug from me. Love you, Denise
Hey guys! Looks like a fun trip, wished we could have been there. Sorry we missed your birthday Bryce. Hayden would have eaten your cake for you AND played Star Wars .....Tabor and Brennen could have directed to make sure it was a productive game...and probably added sound affects and maybe even a soundtrack as well.
Love you guys!
Phaedra & Crew
Post a Comment