The boys had a blast at the Harvest Festival at our church. Here they are with the Phillips boys. I had surprised the boys with costumes that I had ordered on line. They had each been talking about the Star Wars characters they wanted to be since the Summer time. So Brennen was "Jengo Fet" and Bryce was supposed to be a Storm Trooper, but at the last minute he decided to add a little pre drama to the evening...he just had to wear his "surfer Indian" costume instead. Money well spent!
The most important part of the night for Bryce was this slide and the potential candy he was going to get. When someone would hand him a piece he would say, "I don't like that kind, I want sumping else." I guess you can't fault the kid for being honest. I try to remind myself sometimes that if I never say what I desire...chances are, I won't get it.
Brennen really was more excited than he looks in this picture. They were so busy and on the go, I had to chase them down just to snap a few phots. He was much more into the games and his friends...not so much the sweet stuff.
Okay, I had to come up with something! Rich was supposed to come with me in a school uniform costume, but he got tied up with work (Good one babe). So, I guess I looked more like Britney Spears (nice) than the image I was trying to achieve...but the boys thought it was pretty cool that mom dressed up. Bryce loved the pig tails!! Unfortunately the photo is out of focus, but the only we were able to get of Mia and I in costume.
Hope you all had a fun and safe night. Until next time....





2 comments:
I am so glad my kids are not the only ones that change their mind last minute!! The last few years I have done the . . . "okay, I'm going to get the costume BUT NO CHANGING YOUR MIND!" Happens every time. One son planned on being a baseball player. . . last night we was a gangster. The other was going to be a pirate. . .went as a pillow??!! The other was not going to celebrate Halloween. . . went as Ichiro and LOVED the festivities. Ahhhh. . . .YOU ARE NOT ALONE! (Personally, I am glad it isn't just me ;-)!)
Yo Brit-lookin hot.....
I know my boys would LOVE if I would dress up but every year I don't do it! There's always next year, I guess. Miss you guys......
Love,
Phaedra
Post a Comment