Brennen had a great day yesterday as he celebrated his 7th birthday. From the moment he woke up...it was on! His crown that is :) We start talking about the crown a couple weeks before the big day...what color will it be? what will it say? do you think my teacher this year will let me wear it at school? Whew...it all worked out! He was king of the day at school. When I brought him lunch, I noticed he was quite the crowd favorite. Although it could have been the huge bag of skittles and starbursts I brought for him to hand out!
The gang's all here! We had a small but personable birthday party along with Brennen's friend Peyson. Siblings and the Phillips boys made it a huge success! This was the first time at the batting cages and the dads were able to set up a mini game with the kids. It was pretty comical. I have to say...they did much better than anticipated.
This was a quick shot of Rich helping Brycee learn how to stand and hold the bat. As soon as I snapped Bryce said "I can do it myself daddy". Rich stepped back and Bryce whacked it. Can't wait until he's old enough to play!
Good Stuff Pizza was next on the agenda. The kids enjoyed games and dinner before scarfing down one of Mrs. Phillips homemade cupcakes. Lord only knows how the woman has time to make cupcakes on a whim, along with pumpkin chocolate chip bread (at Brennen's request) all while teaching school in her home day care.
If you can't tell...Bryce likes the cupcakes!
Brennen's big present was a new bike. He was growing out of his old one that we had taken the training wheels off of. All he needs to do is practice using the hand breaks now, instead of the foot breaks. Should be interesting. Thankfully the Robertson's gave him a new helmet, knee pads and elbow pads. Nanny and Bop came with Roller Blades too!
Thanks Ash...for putting this little party together with me. I think the boys had a great time last night, as well as the rest of the kids and parents! You rock girl!
Thanks for all the phone calls (love the singing voicemails), emails and comments. Brennen has enjoyed hearing from everyone!





3 comments:
Very, Very cute!! You will have to show me how to make the type go in between the pics on the post! I love the one of the boys looking at each other! Thanks so much for everything!
Ash :)
Happy Birthday Brennen. What a fun day! Thank you for sharing.
Happy 7th Birthday Brennen. I loved seeing what you did this year. It looked like you had a blast!! Good Luck on your Spelling Bee next month. I'll be rooting for you.
Post a Comment