Monday, February 18, 2008

IdyllWILD Adventures...

Despite Brennen's bout with pneumonia and Bryce's with tonsilitis, we made it to Idyllwild this past weekend. Thankfully everyone was feeling good...and we had a great time with the Robertson's and my parents (missed you Weaver family). We even found out that my mom has been friends with Ashely's great aunt for 30 years. What are the odds? We ate wonderful meals that we had fun preparing and after we got the kiddo's to bed...we played some serious games of sequence and mexican train. Ashley and my mom have a pretty mean game face!

There was quite a bit of snow still on the ground from "California's storm watch 2008". You'll notice everyone's pieced together cold weather outfits...as the desert didn't offer too many options when it came to snow gear. We managed to get the boys some snow boots at the General Store and round up a few items from our 'more prepared' friends. If it weren't for our Colorado days...Rich and I would have froze! Brennen and Bryce had so much fun together and with their friends. It was a little rough going at first. Getting all bundled up was a bit uncomfortable and Bryce said, "wearing two pairs of pants looks fat!" A little whining and some snot noses later...we couldn't get our desert rats inside the cabin! Once they were all in, we were pleased with the choice of limiting the kids to bringing only two Webkins a piece. We were pretty out numbered as it was. (see slide show)
Rich had no fun at all....ya sure! He and Josh had a blast with the kids. Ashley and I got pretty brave on the sleds too. Check out the slide show on the post below to see all the crazy pictures from our weekend. I still have bruises on my butt from my long ride down the hill on a super small plastic saucer. I guess they are reminders that I am older than I feel (right before I pull stunts like that). If you look closely at Brennen's little nose, you can see that he had a run in with some dirt. Apparently he was going pretty fast...and the snow ran out. Mom wasn't there for that run (which is probably why he got hurt right?) Brennen would have gone sledding all day long if we let him. He's ready to move to the snow he says.
Thanks Mom, Dad and the Robertson's for a great weekend...and lots of laughs. You will be able to see some different shots on Ashley's blog (meet the Robertson's) very soon..right Ash?

Until next time...